Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Simplicity 3835 Built by Wendy


Oh dear, I've made my photos much smaller than they were, and they're still HUGE. Never mind. And I look pretty yuk as I'm still recovering from an allergic reaction to an anti-biotic which should never have been prescribed for me due to my history (should have been my usual suspicious self and researched before I took it). I'm Very Cross Indeed about the whole thing but won't bore your pants off with it.

In the pic above I'm "wearing" some Kaffe Fassett cotton, in Clouds Charcoal. It's for the dress shown below, and the version I'm making is the one on the left. It looks very simple, which is good news, as I could do without a challenge at present. The downside is that it doesn't have a lining. I could line it I suppose, but can't be bothered (I must try to be more like this person when it comes to finishing my garments!).


I mentioned before (a few years ago) that I would love to have the cool, understated style of Audrey Hepburn, but no matter how I try, I still end up looking more like Cyndi Lauper. I was reminded of this when looking at the pattern reviews for Vogue 2091. There are some really cool versions out there, all nice and simple and plain, and I had already ordered a white and grey flowered lycra fabric with which to make mine! I just can't resist it. I want to be all urban-cool but somehow a part of me resists. A large part. I suppose it's like wanting to be twig-like and still eating all the buns. Or when I think next time I'll decorate in neutral colours and end up choosing wallpaper adorned with pink and green humming birds (no, really). I just can't do understated, though I admire others who can. One day sooner or later I'm going to try again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alice, I know exactly what you mean about being seduced by brightly coloured fabric...I always end up telling myself that if I love it I should wear it! The Kaffe Fassett cotton is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete