Friday, September 29, 2006

Hasty

Thanks for all your encouraging comments on my yarn problem, and especially for the suggestion of alternating the two batches. Thanks, HPNY! Believe it or not I wouldn't have thought of that myself.

The point of this post is to admit that I might have been too hasty in my criticism of Texere. Although the fact remains that they didn't give me the correct information at the time of ordering the new yarn, I should have contacted them with the problem first; that is, before denouncing them completely. They've admitted they did produce more than one batch but they have also asked me to send them a piece of the yarn I need, so they can see if they have a match. This means that either I'll get hold of the matching yarn and it will (might) be happy ever after, or I can at least mix the two, as you all suggest. The customer service at Texere is in fact very good and I suppose anyone can make a mistake.

At least this gives me the opportunity to do a bit more on the stole, though I still have about nine repeats to do.

I've forgotten about Eye-Candy Friday again. Oh dear.

2 comments:

  1. I was just going to say the same thing as cherry... always try a little whine first. If that doesn't make everything better then go ahead and ponder the possibilities.

    I love your 'alien seascape'. I miss the sea already and it's not the end of September yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your yarn story is going to have a happy ending. Plus you are going to finish the stole in the mean time too and I've been looking forward to seeing that.

    ReplyDelete