Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In Progress


This is the fabric I'm using to make another dress for the warmer weather. It's Kaffe Fassett Paisley. At least I think it is...I'll check. Anyway, it's bright and cheery and I can't wait to wear it.
I may not have my knitting mojo back, but the sewing is coming along nicely. I like the fact that a project comes together much faster in dressmaking, than it does in knitting. And for me, the process of knitting is a sort of end in itself, whereas with dressmaking, although I enjoy the extra attention required when laying out pattern pieces, cutting, marking up and sewing (not to mention fitting), mostly I get lots of satisfaction out of wearing a dress I made myself. My knitting seems to be a bit more hit and miss.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Nice to see you! I was trying to organise my lapsed blog reading via bloglines & found you had returned. I have not blogged so much until recently & like you decided I like the 'diary' thing. I have continued to knit thou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So. Totally. Want. To. See. This. Dress!


    Please?

    ReplyDelete