Saturday, July 17, 2010

"Vivienne Westwood" Top Vogue 8385
Photobucket

A short post...

The other day a fellow blogger mentioned Vivienne Westwood and I happened to say I liked the Anglomania Sunday Dress. Literally five minutes later, and purely by chance (I was looking for something entirely different) I came across this pattern:

Photobucket

Yes yes, I know it's not the Sunday dress but just look at the loveliness of it.

And here is a BRILLIANT version:
http://sewveryprairie.blogspot.com/2009/09/viva-las-viviennes.html


This top (the Westwood one at the top of my page) is the Anglomania Atlantis Sunday top. And now that I've found a great pattern to recreate it (yes, okay, I bet I'm the last blogger to know about this pattern) I find it's blooming well out of print. Out. Of. Print.

What can I say? I'm still hyperventilating over it. I may have to order it from the States - I know I've seen it available somewhere.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you manage to find the pattern, it's brilliant! I've not seen that one before either. Best of luck with the search.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you'll find it somewhere. Looks like a great challenge. Love the things you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this top too, with the same changes described in the Very Prairie blog -- the results are fabulously edgy and fun. When I decided to make mine, the pattern was already out of print. I set up an alarm on eBay and waited about a half year before someone posted one for sale. This might work for you too. Good luck and I hope to see your version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a chic garment and hope you find a pattern to recreate it.

    ReplyDelete