Sorry about the lack of any effort at all for this photo. I just chucked the skirt on whilst taking the Iris photos.
Anyway...a few weeks ago I made another Beignet skirt, but haven't got around to blogging about it until now. I wear my grey one so often I thought I could do with another, in a brighter colour but, strangely, I prefer the non-descript grey one. The grey one is stretch drill, and really soft, though it creases badly, but it feels really comfortable to wear, and it goes with lots of things. The red one is a cotton (non-stretch) drill, which is very nice fabric, but I put pockets in this version and I think I prefer it without. I don't like the way they break up the line of the side seams. I could always take them out but I am too lazy and have moved on to other things. The facings are a batik cotton,and the lining some sort of silver acetate.
I am planning yet another version in a non-stretch mid-blue denim but will leave it a while, so as not to bore you too much all in one go.
I also made up Butterick B5335, view B, which is a very simple raglan-sleeved top. It took me hardly any time at all, as there are only back, front and sleeve pattern pieces, and after sewing it all together there are just a couple of narrow hems required to finish it off. I made it up in a stretch (very) brocade of some sort. It's an odd fabric, feeling slightly foamy/springy to the touch. Goodness knows what it's made of. Because I was having trouble with the hems on the bottom and sleeve edges, I used a very short and concentrated zig-zag stitch on the seam line and then just trimmed close to it. I like the crinkle effect it's made.
I have also made a Cambie dress (the full-skirted version) in a vintage floral cotton - just need to take photos - and half finished another (A-line version) in a skulls and roses cotton.