Sunday, December 31, 2006

Back on the 3-Minute Miracle



First I will update you on the hair situation:

It was bleached for three hours in total and we did get it to quite a good lightish yellow. However, after application of the ash-y tone, it was still quite yellow. I found a darker ash tone, which produced a more believable shade of dark blonde on a strand test. Unfortunately, however, the area on my scalp where I did the strand test (I'd had enough of cutting chunks off on which to perform various tests for the bleaching process) was stinging and there was no way I'd cover the whole head with something that stung. So I admitted defeat and dyed it bright pinky-red. It won't be staying that way - it's just you have to dye it red and then brown, otherwise it will go green. And yes, it has happened to me before. I remember sitting on the beach at Brighton and someone remarking how I well I matched the seaweed.



Please note that the red patch you can see is dye, not a sore patch (I'm very lucky I don't have any of those).

I have been doing some knitting, in between ruining my hair with the bleach: some more socks (I thought I said I was off knitting socks - all that has changed now I can Knit to Fit) in Opal and the stitch is baby cable rib (which is very simple and requires no effort). I cast-on 56 sts again and it seems okay. So far.

Thanks for all your advice on the Bad Word Situation. I'm still ignoring him and will see how it goes.

Must go and stop my lunch from burning.

HAPPY 2007 TO YOU ALL, MY FRIENDS!

12 comments:

  1. I kind of like the red. :) I hope it gets sorted!

    I really like those blue socks, they're so cute.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the hair situation is sorted for now :-) I do like the red though. Happy 2007 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had always wanted to dye my hair pink, or at least cellophane it, in high school, but my mother would not allow it. So for a few minutes, I lived vicariously through your post. :)

    Anyway, the important thing is that you've got it to a color you like, and that your scalp isn't completely scorched from the bleach. I would bet you have to use masses of conditioner now to keep everything calm?

    I love your pink hat, and those blue socks also look great. I wanted to remember to tell you that the French Girl pattern I found, the Diamanta, uses our favorite fiber in the world, Rowan Kidsilk Haze. As soon as I catch up on a few more projects, guess what I want to make? How is your RKH stole coming?

    Happiest New Year to you and your loved ones in 2007!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I like the red too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can carry any hair you wish, it'll look fine!
    keep ignoring!
    :-)
    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair is lovely of course, but that goes without saying ;) Happy New Year! And while I'm here can I please ask you to confirm that for your delicious 'Ellas' you used 3 skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport each? I don't want to buy the wrong thing but I have a hankering for several myself :D
    Tina/Nanatoo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope 2007 sees you completely in the pink x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found it Alice, it's 3 and a half skeins I see, thanks. I'm sending you an email by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you, too! You have such a lovely hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the red and wouldn't cover it with brown, it really suits you. Hope you have a Happy 2007 :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, I love that red, I have often fancied that going that colour but always been discouraged. It really suits you, looks very chic and goes so well with the cut.

    ReplyDelete