Thursday, April 26, 2012

McCalls M6436 Sleeveless Version A

P4079397

I am still working on the huge-pocketed black lawn skirt but haven't had much time to spend sewing.  Also, I had a couple of hiccups with it - will explain in another post - so it's been taking longer than expected.

In the meantime I thought I would make a post on my sleeveless version of M6436, which I made just before Easter.  It's in the same Liberty Pamela Judith lawn as the long-sleeved version I made, but in the blue colour way instead of the brown.  I really like this colour.
P4079387
This is version A but without the shoulder tabs.  I made this in a size 8, even though my measurements should really put me in at least a size 10, maybe a 12, but I don't like too much ease.  By nature of the style, this shirt does have a lot of ease.  For a closer-fitting shirt Vogue 8772 would be a good shirt to go for.
P4209571
The buttons are vintage 1940's turquoise ones, and the bias binding on the armhole edges is a lovely vibrant bright green.  This version has pleated pockets and flaps.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Alice your fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. The fabric really suits you and the styling as usual is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. The fabric is lovely, I agree!

    ReplyDelete